Back home again in Rensselaer

Fire Department

Volunteer Fire Department
 
Robert Graves
Robert Graves
The Rensselaer Volunteer Fire Department was established in 1896, making it one of the oldest continually operating volunteer fire departments in the state of Indiana. In the 1950's, the Rensselaer Fire Department combined services with the Marion Township Fire Department to provide more efficient coverage for all residents. All City of Rensselaer and Marion Township fire fighting equipment is housed in the fire station located at their new facility at 1060 W Clark St.

Rensselaer Volunteer Fire Department

 Robert Graves; Fire Chief
Greg Leuck, Deputy Chief
Randy Denton, Asst. Chief
Marc Ekstrom; Lieutenant
 
 In 2003, The City of Rensselaer Fire Department joined with the Keener, Remington and Wheatfield fire departments, to form the Jasper County Firefighters Association. This association was formed so that all of the departments could work more closely together to provide better coverage to all of Jasper County. In 2005 this association, with the generous financial support of businesses and individuals, purchased a "state of the art" fire and severe weather safety trailer. This trailer contains all of the necessary functionality to simulate a fire, as well as severe weather conditions, in a controlled atmosphere. Used as various functions throughout Jasper County, this trailer provides a valuable means for training both children and adults alike.
 
THE RENSSELAER VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENT WEB ADDRESShttp://www.rensselaervfd.com

 

Contact Us

Robert Graves, Fire Chief
1060 W CLARK St
Rensselaer, IN 47978
Get Directions

In this Department

More Information